Services & ExpertiseConstruction Management, Engineering, Facilities, Technology and Project related management services.
Electrical & Mechanical Consulting
Master planning, feasibility studies, project planning, life cycle costing, preliminary and detail design, procurement, tender reviews, inspection and quality control, community based contracting, site supervision, training, testing and commissioning.
Electrical Infrastructure Development
Large electrification, reticulation and distribution projects, as well as load flow studies for utilities such as Eskom, LEC and a multitude of local authorities in Southern Africa.
Electrical supply and reticulation to industrial users; electrical and electronic services for water treatment, sewage purification and water pumping schemes for various authorities.
Project scheduling and programming, preparation of contract documents, cost and budgetary control, contract management and close out on various types of projects.
Mothapo has the knowledge and capacity to undertake facilities management for buildings and plants of different sizes. We have MAXIMO as our standard CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management) programme of choice but are flexible to the client’s choice of CMMS. We have experience of working as part of a FM and Asset Management Team in executing Public Private Partnerships, or as a stand-alone FM service provider.
Mothapo has registered Construction Project Managers (Pr CPM). We have the experience, knowledge and capacity to undertake Project/Construction Management projects varying in size and complexity. In more than one instance, we have been appointed either as Principal Agent or Lead Consultant.
Civil Construction & General Building Works
The Senior Staff of Mothapo have been part of design teams of many successful buildings including: Hospitals, Office buildings, Government buildings, Shopping centres, Educational and Industrial facilities.
Mothapo has extensive experience in engineering all aspects of:
Electrical, Mechanical, Civil & Structural Engineering in both public and private sector buildings and infrastructure.
Engineering experience and skills in the design and construction of electrical and electronic building services include:
- Preparation of designs and specifications, execution of quality control and administration of contracts.
- Evaluation of offers on sub-contractors on behalf of clients or main contractors.
- Management of all construction work and co-ordination of services.
- Preparation of record drawings of completed installations and services.
- Management of maintenance programmes for buildings.
- Dealing with all aspects of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Act No: 85 of 1993, as amended) as well as all relevant sections of the application of the National Building Regulations (SABS 0400)
- Electrical reticulation and lighting systems
- Alarm and CCTV systems
- Security installations
- Lightning protection
- Building and energy control systems
- Emergency power installations
- Telephone and communication systems and PA systems
- Energy management